Thursday, May 18, 2017

Yellow is for everyone!





Madison Grace Clothing Bella Sunshine dress
Joyfolie Mia Gladiators
©Merce&Me Photography




This dress from Madison Grace Clothing, caught my eye a month ago when we saw a sneak.  All knit, pockets, and cute flutter sleeves? Yes please! Merce is a brand rep, so we were able to receive the dress before the release. There's my disclaimer, she is a brand rep for Madison Grace. But that holds no bearing on this write-up.  I wasn't sure about yellow on her...I mean, her hair is yellow, and it's May in Oklahoma--not a lot of opportunity for a summer tan yet.  But we put it on her, and it turns out yellow is one of those colors that is going to be amazing on anyone and everyone!

It came wrinkled, which is to be expected. A quick iron/steam and she was ready to go. The flutter sleeves flip up some, so just take a second to iron them down. We chose a sz 6 which ended up fitting perfectly on her 50#, 48" little body.  The sz 6 should fit great through the end of summer, barring any crazy growth spurts (please none of that, my mommy heart can't take it). We don't dry our boutique clothing, but if we did I would have sized up just in case of shrinkage. 

The Bella style dress is a win for us! Merce was able to run and play and twirl like all little girls should. She had pockets for her 'treasures' (treasures = rocks). At $24 we will buy them all day long! It was released in Coral Pink and Yellow, and maybe there will be some more coming later this month. 

There's a doll-sized Bella as well! Now if we could just get Joyfolie to make some bitty gladiators......someone needs to make that happen! But back to the Bella, it's a little roomy on our 18" American Girl JLY doll. And I saw on the BST page on FB that it will fit a newborn...I haven't tried it though. No more babies here thank you. The dresses also fit Bitty Baby with room.


Madison Grace Clothing Bella Sunshine dress
Joyfolie Mia Gladiators
©Merce&Me Photography
The shoes. THE SHOES. Man I love shoes.  These are Joyfolie Mia gladiators size 1. Merce is NOT a rep for Joyfolie, but if someone could hook us up with that one I'll love you forever! ;)   Let's talk sizing. Joyfolie's are THE place to buy gladiators but the sizing can be a turn-off.  The Mia's run big. Big enough that you might want to size down...with the exception of size 1 down to sz 13. In my experience there has been a big difference between sz 13 and 1 in most Joys. So proceed at your own risk on that one. 

The best part of the Mia's? $30 Thursdays! Every Thursday this month at 1200 MST they have a special sale.  That's how I got these.  They were worth every bit of that $30, and I will happily size up at full price when it's time ($88 for girls, $84 for little girls). They come with removable flowers, that I personally didn't like, so I took them off. They just velcro on. The laces adjust to help with calf width and thickness of foot, but because Merce has bird legs, we were left with a lot of extra lace length. I wrapped it around her leg at the top of the sandal and tied it in the back to avoid the sloppy tie look in pictures. 

Did you read all that?! If you're skimming like I do, here's your cliffnotes: I feel like the Bella is a steal at $24 with it's comfy knit and modest cut to pass any school dress code. And the Joyfolies run big, and everyone should buy a pair because I love them real hard.


Madison Grace Clothing Sunshine Bella
Joyfolie Mia Gladiators and Tortoise Sunnies
©Merce&Me Photography




















No comments:

Post a Comment