Wednesday, May 24, 2017

The Perfect Little White Dress


Every woman needs a LBD in their closet, but for summer every little girl needs a LWD.  And this is it. ๐Ÿ’—
Adorable Essentials White Linen Eyelet Dress
Joyfolie Seraphina in Sable
Now I'm going to spew some honesty here. I never would have thought to look at Adorable Essentials for anything other than knit shorties and ruffle pants, until recently.  I purchased some shorties a few years ago, but hadn't been back since then....not due to quality or anything, I don't even know why we hadn't gone back.  But then we were contacted about the upcoming active wear line, so I did a little research into the company--you know, see what current photos looked like, style, accessorizing, etc--and was amazed at how much they had grown!  It wasn't just shorties and ruffle pants, it's active wear, and dance wear, cute little dresses, tank tops, and even shoes! It was then that the Linen Eyelet dress caught my eye, I kept an eye on it for a couple months, just waiting for the sun to come out and kiss Merce's skin a bit. 

So today we broke it out....but not before she fell off her bike and banged up a knee. Oooops! I didn't edit it all out, she's a normal kid and battle scars are character building.

The back of this dress is my absolute favorite. It has a sash that we could have tied in the front, but I really liked it better in the back.  The material is thin and airy, and the skirt is lined. The lining is short under there, but it covers her bum.  The deep v in the back is a beautiful touch for a little girl. The eyelet detail is feminine and just plain pretty...I would love to see this photographed on a beach! No beaches in Oklahoma. :(The front has a fun little ruffle at the neck line that reminds me of a toned down 'puffer' style from Matilda Jane Platinum.
Adorable Essentials White Linen Eyelet Dress
Joyfolie Seraphina in Sable
Merce is wearing a sz 5/6. The dress came in split sizes: 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 7/8, but with the sash you can adjust the fit accordingly.  I felt it was a nice length on her 48.5" self, and at 50# she still had some room in the width. The dress retails for only $24.88, and AE offers free shipping so really I'm not sure how you could beat that!  For us, this is totally an 'event' or 'picture' dress.  It's not something that she would wear to school or to play in, mostly b/c it is white and she's a hot mess 99% of the time. But she does wear it all over the house in her ballerina socks twirling and spinning...and falling. 
Adorable Essentials White Linen Eyelet Dress
Joyfolie Seraphina in Sable
And of course, let's talk about shoes. I'm a Joyfolie junkie.  I love them all, but these tested my patience. They are gorgeous and are totally photograph-worthy, but not everyday.  It took 10 minutes to get them on her. They run small, the laces are long and get tangled while loosening and maneuvering her foot in the shoe, and the zipper comes completely undone in the back which left me wrestling with getting her foot as far forward in the shoe as possible to get the zipper back together. The good thing is that the laces do allow you to adjust the fit of the calf, to accommodate thick and thin legs alike!  It hurts my heart to type all that, but it's the truth.  The gorgeous, amazing shoes...are a pain in the ass. But, I'm sure they will show up in pictures again...I'll just make sure to gather some patience before trying to get them on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment