Sunday, May 28, 2017

#HannahBonanza2017

 If you know Nelly Madison Clothing Co even a little bit, you must know that #hannahbonanza is coming! For those of you who have no clue what this is....let me help you out a bit.  Hannah is a style of dress created by the owner of Nelly Madison Clothing Co, Camille. Cami drafts all her own patterns, which is just one of things that makes NMCC so stinking amazing. Hannah is super popular for Spring and Summer,  it's made of lightweight fabrics and is fully lined to give it an extra oompf of fluff and twirl-factor.  The tie straps are key to the styles versatility in sizing....which is the purpose of this entire blog, and will be addressed shortly.   So Hannah Bonanza is unprecedented. We don't know exactly what to expect, but good ol' Cami has given some hints on the Nelly Madison Clothing Resale board on Facebook, and I'll sum them up for you.  Twelve Hannahs. TWELVE. 1-2. Some announced and loading into Collections on the website, and some may be unannounced loading in the Secret Closet. And it will be "soon"....but not Memorial Weekend.  Oh, and there will be some purple Hannahs. <3

Now that you're all pumped for Hannah Bonanza, what size do you need?  Let me show you the versatility in sizing, and hopefully help you pick the size to suit your daughters individual style.The straps are always able to be tied looser or tighter for a custom fit, I tried to keep the bodice at the same spot on her chest each time for consistency.

Please keep in mind, Merce is a true size 6 at 48.5" and 50#. This is a size 4 Sunshine Hannah worn as a tunic.  This is one of my FAVORITE looks. I just love the fact that I can buy a sz 5 for her to wear as a dress, and next year it will be a tunic and look just as amazing. This size 4 is equally adorable over some bloomies (I prefer the Coney Island Carousel striped bloomies) or ruffled/denim shorts, but it is definitely not a dress on Merce.


Nelly Madison Clothing Co Sunshine Yellow Hannah, released 2/28/17
White capri skinnies from Next Direct
Mikoleon boots
©merce&me photography
And this bit of gorgeousness, is a sz 5. This is the size that I prefer for her, and yes she always wears bloomies or shorties underneath.
Nelly Madison Clothing Co Fresh Mint Hannah, released 2/28/17
Tom's pink shoes...I know nothing about these, we found them in a box of hand-me-downs and she's obsessed.
©merce&me photography
And because we can't do anything without a twirl shot, here you go. Proof of bloomies, a glimpse of how much room she has under the arm, and showcasing the Hannah's twirling fabulosity all in one picture.

Nelly Madison Clothing Co Fresh Mint Hannah, released 2/28/17, & Coney Island Carousel striped bloomies
Tom's pink shoes
©merce&me photography
And here is a size 6. This is the size that Merce wears consistently in most brands.  Very soon we will start sizing up to wear a 6 regularly, probably when school starts. It's a great length, just above the knee and she has plenty of room in the width.
Nelly Madison Clothing Co Twilight Fireflies, released 4/25/17
Mikoleon boots, my favorite by far.
©merce&me photography
 And now, a size 7/8. In my opinion, this one is just too big for Merce.  It's very roomy in the width, and the length is too long for her. But she's a runner, a climber, and a jumper. The length is not practical for her active self. BUT I know of lots of people that prefer this fit for modesty or longer wear, and that's cool with me. The beauty of Nelly Madison dresses is that it's so easy to put individual style into each piece.  Five girls may wear the same dress, but they wear it so differently it almost seems like five different garments.
Nelly Madison Clothing Co Violet Bouquet Hannah, release date 2/28/17
"Happy" shoes from Zulily
©merce&me photography
One thing I do really like about this size 7/8 is that it has more length and volume and twirls even better than the 5!  So really, the Hannah's sizing is so versatile, you can go one size up or down or more, and still have a great fit! We all know certain sizes are the most popular and will sell out quicker than the others, so hopefully this will help you to formulate a game plan and have an ideal size and back-up size to cart.
Nelly Madison Clothing Co Violet Bouquet Hannah, release date 2/28/17, and CIC stripe bloomies
"Happy" shoes from Zulily
©merce&me photography
Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry about how old Merce looks today. 😢






7 comments:

  1. Great information! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Csnt wait to get our first...my dd is 44in 42lb and i am thinking a 4 will work for her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! That's about the size Merce was last year and we did a 5 then too. :) if you like a vintage length then the 4 would be fine, size up to a 5 for a longer fit.

      Delete
  3. I'm so new to this, so does the 12 mean only 12 dresses will be released ? TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to the Nelly family! ❤ itvhas been said that twelve different Hannah's will load. We don't know how many of each coloreay will release. :)

      Delete