Monday, May 22, 2017

Introducing the Greatest Twirl Factor of All Time.......

This, my friends, is Poppy Whitaker's American Made "Parisian Flower Market". All knit, amazing Art Gallery fabric, and so super twirly! American made will always have our heart. I love America...all day, every day. 

Poppy Whitaker "Parisian Flower Market" dress
Joyfolie Eliza in Nutmeg boots
Adorable Essentials Vintage Lace Knee Socks
©merce&me photography 2017

So complete honesty here, what drew me in was seeing a picture on a Poppy Whitaker Facebook page as I was scrolling through, and thinking, "hey! that looks like Summer Cottage!" Summer Cottage was a tunic Nelly Madison Clothing Co released in April 2017 made of the woven version of this knit. It made me do a double take, and I'm so glad!

Nelly Madison Clothing Co Summer Cottage Christina Tunic
Gladiators from Payless Shoe Source, nope not ashamed to buy cute shoes cheap!
©merce&me photography 2017
Back to Poppy....we actually did two shoots in a matter of 90 minutes.  The weather was cool and cloudy while we shot, and then we got inside and all of a sudden the sun came out and the wind died down! So I bribed....er, "encouraged"....Merce with a strawberry shake.  The second set was so much more fun with the sun out and a little Radio Disney playing in the background; we really got to see the dress in action then!
Poppy Whitaker Parisian Flower Market dress
Hanna Andersson socks
Hunter boots
©merce&me photography 2017

Merce is a true size 6 (50# and 48"), and wearing a sz 6. The website listing says it's tts (true to size), and I have to agree.  It doesn't take a lot of effort to get this dress twirling.  One simple little run and spin and it was sailing, in fact we ended up with several shots of her belly button! She thought it was hilarious and we were both glad we put her in shorties.  Speaking of shorties, Madison Grace Clothing sunshine shorties were a fun match! And those socks, we just happened to have them and the colors couldn't have been a more fun match. Even with the stripes and floral pattern, Merce was right...it was cute.  

This is our first Poppy Whitaker dress, and it will NOT be our last. The fabric was amazing, not too heavy, definitely not to thin, and so easy to match color wise. Knit isn't always a win with us. It has to be just right....sometimes it's too heavy and hangs. Sometimes it gives my 6 yr old a set of baby boobs. And sometimes, it's not soft and she hates it.  Merce refused to take it off after the pictures, and even managed to not spill her shake down the front.  Ship time on the dress was less than 24 hours, BUT I ordered it the day after it released I believe. I can't believe it hadn't sold out, but that's ok....someone else's loss was totally Merce's gain!  Price point was $48, and it's worth every penny. You won't be seeing this one selling on the BST pages...at least not from us.  I guarantee it'll be worn smooth out before she outgrows it. 

And just a couple more pics, because that's how I roll.
Poppy Whitaker Parisian Flower Market dress
Hanna Andersson socks
Hunter boots
©merce&me photography 2017

Poppy Whitaker Parisian Flower Market dress
Hanna Andersson socks
Hunter boots
©merce&me photography 2017





No comments:

Post a Comment