Saturday, July 1, 2017

Back to School, 1.0

It's July, time to start thinking about sending the kids back to school! Here school will start in just over 5 weeks.....and they've been out since early May. This has been my first summer staying at home with the three kids......it's been a long couple months, and I'd be lying if I said I was just now starting to think about sending them back to school! God bless teachers everywhere....they have my utmost respect and I will shower them with teacher appreciation gifts without hesitation.

Adorable Essentials Addison's Wonderland Mint to Be Tunic
Next Direct White Rip Knee Skinny Jeans
Jellypop Frolic shoe
©merce&me photography
So here were are, starting the first of many Back to School entries. This entire outfit was inspired by the shoes.  Look at those shoes. 💖 Merce and I headed to Ross Dress for Less to look for Chucks...that's our go-to place for cheap Chucks, but you have to catch them at the right time.  Well no chucks, but we saw these and Merce flipped her 6 year old lid over them right there in the store. I couldn't say no to them, and they were only $15.99. The brand is JellyPop Girls and the name of the shoe is "Frolic". I have searched all over the interwebs and found none. :( Maybe other Ross stores will have some, or you can easily find something like them!   If you do happen to find a pair, they run tts. She is wearing a 1, and has a size 1 boat.
Next Direct White Rip Knee Skinny Jeans
JellyPop Frolic Shoe
©merce&me photography 

Let's chat about what you can easily find!  Merce is wearing a sz 6 Mint to Be Tunic from Adorable Essentials Addison's Wonderland collection (she's still 48.5" an 50#). If this sounds familiar it's because I already talked about another piece from that collection in "A Wonderful Wonderland". The tunic is all knit, and a nice thick knit! The kind that will hold up to laundering and probably not need an iron. No iron is a win in my house.  And it only cost me $22.88; AE offers free shipping! 

Adorable Essentials Addison's Wonderland Mint to Be Tunic
Next Direct White Rip Knee Skinny Jeans
©merce&me photography
The colors are gorgeous. The top is a seaweed color, with mint, peach and white in the print.  It also has functioning pockets, perfect for hiding treasures! Or rocks.  Merce collects rocks and I find them in the dryer every.single.time. The back has three buttons that are covered in the same beautiful mint floral knit, I had to go for an action shot on this one so her hair wasn't in the way. I love the buttons, they are a fun little accent.
Adorable Essentials Addison's Wonderland Mint to Be Tunic
Next Direct White Rip Knee Skinny Jeans
©merce&me photography
The jeans are from Next Direct. If you haven't checked that site out, you really should! They have the cutest shoes and some great pieces you don't see everywhere.  I bought these back in March of this year, and they were only $20! She's wearing a US sz 6, make sure you check the size charts but everything is pretty clear and easy to follow.  They come from somewhere in Europe but shipping was really fast. I couldn't believe how fast it was.... makes me wonder why other places take 2 weeks to get here, but the Europeans get stuff here in just a few days.  Anywho, let's just look at another picture of this cute little outfit. 
Adorable Essentials Addison's Wonderland Mint to Be Tunic
Next Direct White Rip Knee Skinny Jeans
Jellypop Frolic shoe
©merce&me photography

Now maybe white jeans isn't your thing...I don't blame you there.  A dark denim could be substituted just fine. Or icings in peach, white or seaweed. This can easily be adapted to suite a wide range of ages...just change out the shoe to something age-appropriate and your beauty will be ready to tackle the school day!   Best part? This entire outfit was less than $60, and gives you three versatile pieces that you can mix and match in her closet. 💗



No comments:

Post a Comment