Saturday, July 8, 2017

Back to School--Nelly Style

The 2017-2018 school year gets closer and closer every day....thankfully! For us, Nelly Madison's Hannah style dress is the most versatile piece of clothing in her closet. It's so easy to wear, and to dress up or down.  This look is one of my favorites....so classic and preppy. And  yes, I would totally send her to school in this.

Zara Blazer with Metallic Buttons
Nelly Madison Clothing Co Fairfield Flowers Hannah dress
Zuzii Oxford in Haze
©merce&me photography
I just recently discovered Zara. I know, that's pretty sad. We live in a rural area with very little shopping choices, so the internet is definitely my best shopping buddy, besides Merce here, but the internet whines less. 😂  You can imagine my excitement when I scored this button front blazer for $29.99! I wasn't sure on sizing so I guessed a 6 and while the fit is good, I will be ordering a 7 today. The sleeves were short, I had planned on rolling them anyway but due to the sleeve length it was also a necessity. It has two functional pockets and a fun bright silver button. And it's 100% cotton, which means it's going to clean easy! This will be a staple piece this fall with dresses, skirts, and skinnies for sure.

The Nelly Madison Fairview Floral Hannah has been blogged about already, at the beginning of Hannah Bonanza, but the colors are so gorgeous and easy to pair so it was an easy choice for this blazer.  Merce is now 49" and 52#, and wearing a size 5 as usual.  We can add some length by tying it looser or tighter to take some length away. This dress has tones of turquoise, gray and peach in it along with the white. I think it would be harder to find something it didn't match, than something it did. Hannah's run anywhere from upper $50s to mid $60s in price range.  Totally worth it considering the grow with your kiddo, changing from a dress to a tunic when they grow.  And let's face it, even without that versatility in styling, the retail value would totally be worth it...and more!

For me, the key to styling a Hannah, is to layer over, not under.  You'll see more in the future about layering Hannah's, but here's a hint.....throw a sweater over the Hannah and it will take on the look of a ruffly skirt! Pair with some chucks, throw some blooms underneath (or cartwheel shorts) and she's even PE day ready!

Zara Blazer with Metallic Buttons
Nelly Madison Clothing Co Fairfield Flowers Hannah dress
Zuzii Oxford in Haze
©merce&me photography

Her shoes.  Man I love shoes. These are American made Zuzii shoes from California. It took 2-3 weeks for shipment, but being handmade, I don't mind at all. They are gorgeous and soft and flexible. And seem to be TTS for us. I just love them. Merce said it was like wearing another sock! 

Socks:  I'm pretty sure they are Cat and Jack from Target. I love me some Cat and Jack, now if Target could just get it's stuff together and open a store near me, I'd be so happy!

Bow:  I can't remember. I know that's bad, I am about 95% sure it's from Two Belle's Boutique, but I don't see it in my order history...and I think I bought it at least a year ago.

And one more picture, because I love it. Stay tuned for more and more back to school outfit ideas! 

Zara Blazer with Metallic Buttons
Nelly Madison Clothing Co Fairfield Flowers Hannah dress
Zuzii Oxford in Haze
©merce&me photography



1 comment: