Monday, August 7, 2017

Trick or Treat



It's August, school is starting (in 3 days whoop-whoop!), it's been unusually cool here in Oklahoma, and all I can think about is Fall. And when I think about Fall I automatically think of pumpkin spice EVERYTHING (yes I'm THAT kind of girl) and Halloween.  Luckily, Olive Mae Clothing has the same way of thinking as I do, because look what just showed up in my mailbox! 

Olive Mae Clothing Halloween Tunic
Matilda Jane Clothing Amarillo Shorties
Merce & Me Necessities Black Clara socks
Manuela de Juan Solaris Anais Mimi shoe from Just Shoes for Kids
©merce&me photography 2017
This tunic is so fun for Halloween! Merce thought so too, and has now started thinking about what she wants to be for Halloween....a witch is at the top of her list right now. I'm sure there will be a post about that in our near future. 😏

A little birdie told me Olive Mae is busy working on a Halloween release, including a photo shoot happening very soon, and a release not long after that! The little birdie was pretty specific actually.....Thursday August 17th at 10:00 am CST. And there will be a handful of fun Halloween styles to choose from! 😲 

For now, let's take a closer look at this one.  Merce is wearing a size 6. It was a tight fit. She's 52#, 49" and a 7/8 would be the best size for her.  This tunic is one you could easily size up on, maybe even two sizes to wear as a flutter-type dress.
Olive Mae Clothing Halloween Tunic
Matilda Jane Clothing Amarillo Shorties
©merce&me photography 2017
The combination of fabrics couldn't be better on this one! The humorously eerie haunted houses, bats and black cats, the newspaper print, gold stars and the pop of orange on the hem and sleeves to match the bodice.  There's so many colors in this top that matching will be a breeze! We chose Amarillo shorties from Matilda Jane....the are under there I promise. They are super old and small and crawl up with every step she takes. I would size up in them but they are almost impossible to find anymore!

Olive Mae Clothing Halloween Tunic
Matilda Jane Clothing Amarillo Shorties
Merce & Me Necessities Black Clara socks
Manuela de Juan Solaris Anais Mimi shoe from Just Shoes for Kids
©merce&me photography 2017
Look! There's those shorties. It may be a little cooler here than normal, but it's still close to 90 degrees outside.  Our ideal 'cooler weather' match for these would be a pair of black Brooke leggings from Madison Grace Clothing.....if someone could put a bug in the owner's ear for me, that'd be fabulous. 😉  If Merce wanted an edgier look, some deconstructed black jeans and Doc Martens would be the way to go. But until it's routinely in the 70s outside, we will wear our shorties and Merce & Me Necessities Black Clara socks (coming later this month!). I just love these socks, they have that beautiful little scallop on them that give me all the heart eyes. And now....Her shoes.  Y'all know I love shoes right? Let's check these out.
Merce & Me Necessities Black Clara socks
Manuela de Juan Solaris Anais Mimi shoe from Just Shoes for Kids.
©merce&me photography 2017
We chose yet another pair of Manuela de Juan flats. This is the Mimi style, identical to the shoes used in two photoshoots for Nelly Madison Clothing Co. It's a classic Mary Jane style with a modern texture. These are gorgeous, and take the color of both red and orange, depending on the lighting and what they are paired with. It's like they are magic! We purchased these from Just Shoes for Kids, they seem to have a selection of shoes that I don't find anywhere else. The owner is super sweet, and the shipping is fast.  What more could I ask for?

Olive Mae Clothing Halloween Tunic
Matilda Jane Clothing Amarillo Shorties
Merce & Me Necessities Black Clara socks
Manuela de Juan Solaris Anais Mimi shoe from Just Shoes for Kids
©merce&me photography 2017
I'm not sure what you have planned Thursday August 17, 2017 at 10:00 am CST, but I know I will be logged into www.olivemaeclothing.com waiting to cart another Halloween tunic and dress! I hope to see you in the virtual carting line.....unless you're going for the same items and size as me, and then I hope your internet freezes....just for a few seconds. 😂😂





No comments:

Post a Comment