Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Back to School Mish-Mash.

School has started! In fact they have been in school for almost a week now. That means I spend the days dreaming of combos I'd love to photograph but can't because no one is here to wear it. ;)  This is what Merce wore the first day of school:


Upper Looper Apple Dress
Merce & Me Necessities white clara socks
Whim and Wander maryjanes
Adorable Essentials backpack and lunch box
©merce&me photography
She choose it all. Now I know people are doubtful when someone says "my kid dressed themselves" but this is a true story. scouts honor.  She picked the dress from her closet and said "apples are good for school". I asked her, do you want socks or no socks? She said she wanted socks, so she was given three choices (red, white and blue) she obviously choose white. And her shoes, I told her to choose a pair of brown shoes. She has 4 pairs of brown/tan shoes. She chose the whim and wanders.  Which was not the best choices because she came home in her p.e. shoes and carrying her cute little brown shoe with the sole flopping and hanging half off. 😒

Anyhow, this dress is amazing. it's from upper looper and very well made.  The material is thinner than I expected, but it's still a nice fabric. When I saw this dress I immediately envisioned Marsha Brady with her knee high socks and cute little shoes, and I think because of that I expected a thick polyester. Thankfully it's not. It's cotton.  Merce is still 49", 52# and this is a size 6. it's a little roomy on her so I would say it's on the larger end of true to size. Bonus, etsy currently has 2% back in ebates. Don't have ebates?! it's a rebate system, shop online at certain places and you earn cash back. It's really that simple. I love it for Christmas shopping! you can sign up here:  https://www.ebates.com/r/JHELME13?eeid=28187.


 We also did a quick photo shoot with this dress when it arrived. And I mean quick! An average photo shoot takes about 10 minutes, and that includes time for her to run around like a normal 6 year old and climb trees, throw pine cones, admire pretty rocks.  This dress was amazing for our shoot. I just love it.

Upper Looper Apple Dress
Merce & Me Necessities Navy clara socksWhim and Wander maryjanes ©merce&me photography

So now that we've covered what she actually wore the first day of school, I'll show you a mish mash of my favorites and then Merce's favorite dress right now. Some of these you might recognize from our MMN blog, but they are worth a repeat!

Lacey Lane Willow Neck Tie Blouse 
Olive Mae Skip to My Lou Skipper Skirt
Merce & Me Necessities Cream Clara Socks
Joyfolie boots
©merce&me photography
This skirt from Olive Mae Clothing is so much fun! Merce is wearing a size 6 and she could have easily sized down to a 5.  the straps tie in the back so you can adjust the fit. We chose a high-waisted look because it complimented the look of the tie-neck blouse and the Joyfolie boots. But don't worry, she's wearing some cartwheel shorties under there...similar to volleyball shorts. Spandex, tight, and short, but definitely covering her Bat Girl undies.

Lacey Lane Willow Neck Tie Blouse 
Olive Mae Skip to My Lou Skipper Skirt
Merce & Me Necessities Cream Clara Socks
Joyfolie boots
©merce&me photography
The skirt is so easy to dress up or down. Throw it over a cute little tee and with some chucks and it's a fun little outfit. We just chose to go preppy because I had just retrieved that fabulous lacey lane shirt from the mailbox and was itching to use it. The shirt does run a bit small. this is a size 7. We have a size 6 as well but the sleeves were way too short and it was tight across the chest. So I would suggest sizing up one size in this one.   Her boots are a size 1. Seem to be true to size for us. and her cute little socks are a size medium. I just love the scalloped trim on these socks!

Now this is just amazing. It's Olive Mae's ABC Bloom dress. it has more of a vintage length, purposely.  She's wearing a 6 and it's a perfect fit. Not a lot of growing room as you can tell by the sleeves, but it's just gorgeous. Again, no worries, she wears shorties. I'm pretty sure she had hot pink Madison Grace shorties on under this one? But don't quote me on it. It was a few photo shoots ago. 

her socks are Merce & Me Necessities Berry Clara. These are her favorite pair! We love how they bring out the pink in the flowers on the skirt of the dress.  And her shoes are old soles from Just Shoes For Kids. They are sooo buttery soft. I just love them. They run true to size for us and have arch support! 




Olive Mae Clothing ABC Bloom Dress
Merce & Me Necessities Berry Clara socks
Old Soles from just Shoes for Kids
 ©merce&me photography
Apparently this should be renamed, Olive Mae and Lacey Lane.  Another LL and OM pairing that I adore.  The school days peplum is great for fall, it can be worn with anything! Any leg type of jeans, skinnies, icings, skirts, shorts.... we paired with lacey lane puckers in a size 5. The shorts are a perfect fit right now, meaning there is no growing room, but it's also not too tight in the waist or leg. She's wearing a size 6 in the peplum and has growing room in it. her mustard Merce & Me Necessities socks are a size medium, she will need to size up to a large when she gains another shoe size. :( The shoes are amazing! Zuzii brand, handmade in California and don't break the bank! These are the Oxford in Haze and they are very flexible and comfortable. She's wearing a size 1 so they are tts as well.

Olive Mae Clothing School Days Peplum
Lacey Lane Puckers
Merce & Me Necessities Mustard Clara
Zuzii Oxford in Haze shoes
©merce&me photography

And our last outfit, her favorite. We were asked to photograph a new dress that is releasing tomorrow (Wednesday 8/16/17 at 10:00 am CST) over at Adorable Essentials. Y'all, Merce SQUEALED when she saw it. Seriously, I hear this high pitched voice screaming "kiiiittttiiiieeeessss". I'm pretty sure the neighbors heard her too. So here it is. Catitude. Perfectly named for the mood it put Merce in when we went to shoot.  Oklahoma is a fickle state when it comes to weather, so we shot quick between the rain and wind and then heat.  It took two days, and a good washing in between, you'll see why in a minute. 

Adorable Essentials Cattitude Dress
Merce & Me Necessities white Clara socks
Walmart rain boots
©merce&me photography
She is wearing a size 6 in the dress. We almost always size down in knit to give it a closer fit, but this comes in even sizes so we decided against it. the 6 fits perfect! And Since she's being silly, it looks shorter on her than it does when standing.  the dress has cute little pockets on it too for her to hold all her pretty rocks she picks up EVERYWHERE we go. 😂  Notice the boots? For good reason, not just because they are super cute, and were on sale for $14 including tax....but because there were puddles everywhere. Here's evidence....


Her cute little white Clara socks aren't so white anymore! but she's a kid wearing rubber boots and there are water puddles, so it was just meant to be! 

I love this time of year, I really do. It's not usually 110 degrees outside (just 95+), school is in session, the apple and pear trees are ready to harvest, and Fall and the Holidays will be here before we know it! I can't wait to start putting together more Fall outfits and trying new designers and brands. I'm always happy to hear your favorites so we can give them a try as well! 💗








2 comments:

  1. L will love the "cat cat" dress. We may need that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet she will! You might want to size down if you can. ;)

      Delete