Saturday, August 5, 2017

Back to School with Merce & Eleanor.


School starts here in only FIVE DAYS! No I still don't know what Merce will be wearing the first day, but we now have a new strong contender!   This is our first Eleanor Rose purchase in well over a year, but it was a good one!

Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack
©merce&me photography 2017

We ordered the Keara top and Krstina skort from Eleanor Roses' E is for Elephant remix release, and Merce said it's a keeper! I'm not usually one for re-releasing the same line but the vibrant colors and the gorgeously thought out elephant design and lettering sucked me in hard.

We ordered a 5/6 in both pieces, the Kristina skort fits perfectly and I appreciate that they made it a skort and attached those shorties underneath. I saw those shorties several times tonight during our shoot!  The shirt I felt ran a little wide.  Merce is a solid 6 in most clothes, and this was not as slim as I expected it to be on her. But it fits and she loved it; the shirt was $24 and the skort $28 which made me happy too. She also insisted we tuck it in........

Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack & lunch bag
©merce&me photography 2017
I don't mind it tucked in! It was a little difficult to keep it taut with the attached shorties in the skort. But that's to be expected.  Look at that face! She looks up to something right???

Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack
©merce&me photography 2017
She had a visitor on the set! This is Ranger. He's our 15 week old 'baby'.  He photobombed more pictures than I wanted to count.  But you know what? His visit resulted in Merce's shirt being untucked. 😂

Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack
©merce&me photography 2017
The skirt material is thick, but it still twirls! She loves to twirl on these floors b/c it's slick and she can just go and go and go....until she falls. And that doesn't usually take long to happen.

Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack
©merce&me photography 2017

The shoes are Manuela de Juan Pietro in blue  They were sold through Persnickety last winter. I waited it out and snagged them during a half price sale, $49!! SCORE! They are pretty true to size. Merce is wearing a size 1 comfortably, which is her normal size. 

The socks. Aren't they cute?! Merce & Me Necessities Clara socks! They have a cute little scallop trim and will be available in 8 colors this month! She's wearing the classic white here, but so many other colors could go as well! 

Merce picked her own hair bow for this shoot. Purple is her favorite color, so of course she picked a purple felt glitter bow from Kidscessories on Facebook! We have several of her bows, and the owner (Isabel) is very friendly and accommodating. 

Lastly, her backpack and lunch bag. Adorable Essentials was having a preorder for backpacks this year and I was scrolling through just to see what they had, and I hear this little voice behind me yell (directly in my ear) "I NEED THAT BACKPACK!" and so the Dottie backpack and lunchbox was ordered and delivered very quickly! The lunch bag was only $15 and I feel like that's quite a steal! It's very nicely made, and large enough for her lunch and drink. The softsides help it to accommodate larger containers.  The backpack was $29, and it appears to be very well made too! It's a great size for Merce, maybe a tad big, but that's good because she can use it for several years.  We opted not to have it monogrammed, but it was an option on the website.

And now, let's look at more pictures! this is my favorite part. 💖 Our original plan included an actual school and green grass and trees. But this is Oklahoma and we have 25mph winds.  We had a quick change of plans and I can't say I'm too upset about it! 
Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack & lunch bag
©merce&me photography 2017

Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack
©merce&me photography 2017

Hair Bow by Kidscessories
Eleanor Rose Elephants Keara Top
Eleanor Rose Elephants Kristina Skort
merce&me necessities white Clara socks
Manuela de Juan shoes for PersnicketyAdorable Essentials Dottie Backpack & lunch bag
©merce&me photography 2017

Still reading? I'd love to know what your little one will be wearing their first day of school!  I'd also love to hear about your favorite brands of clothes, shoes and accessories for girls so we can give them a try! 💕







2 comments:

  1. We homeschool but I think Lennon will be wearing a dress from the JULY MJC collection to our 1st day of community group. ��

    ReplyDelete